Wednesday 24 October 2012

In June of last year, I wrote a column outlining why I believe the tablet computing platform represents the future of computing. In this column, I want to build upon the premise I laid out, which is largely based around the touch computing paradigm.
Due to my father’s 30+ year history in the computing industry, I was fortunate to grow up in a home with computers. I don’t really remember a time without computers. In fifth grade, I was the computer tech lab assistant and provided technical support to the other students. We had a lab with 20 or so IBM PS/2s and I was the only one on the campus who knew how to troubleshoot DOS, so the job of maintaining the machines fell to me. When I was growing up (and even up until recently) computer literacy was a skill everyone was pushing.
 ipadkid

No comments:

Post a Comment